[Menvi-discuss] Requesting accommodations for college sight reading auditions

Elizabeth Garrard 09garrard at cua.edu
Fri Dec 21 13:44:34 UTC 2018

Hi Reahna,

I work in a disability support services office for a university. Disabilty
services will be a wonderful resource for you for this! Contact that office
at each school and ask them to work with you. You will need to do this
soon, though. In my experience, you will need proof of disability and
documentation before you can draw up a plan of audition-specific
accommodations. You can email me if you have any other questions on
disability services in universities and how to get them.

For sight-singing, it will be up to the individual school, but ours has
been accommodating for a few extra minutes if necessary. You will most
likely not be able to receive it much farther in advance than that, however.

Best wishes on your journey!

--
Elizabeth Garrard

Braille Music Transcriptionist