[Menvi-discuss] Using Braille Music to compose

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 18:07:17 UTC 2013

Hi Brandon,

I have yet to compose in braille, but here's a thought that might work
for you.

In my high school theory course I did not have a transcriber or anyone
in my school who could back-translate the braille into computer
notation.  This meant that I had to go through my textbook and
transfer everything on the braille page into Lime before actually
doing my assignments.  I noticed something similar to what you
describe; although I didn't compose the music, I could see the
intervals and almost hear them better when I was working from the
braille music.

Couldn't you just compose in braille, then transfer your work into a
computer notation program?  From experience it's very tedious, but
that would probably be the best way to do it if you wantedd to share
it with sighted musicians.

--
Kaiti