[Menvi-discuss] Question

Carol Sexton sunshinepa at verizon.net
Mon Sep 6 12:27:12 UTC 2021

I have a questions for all you listers.

I have a student who basically wants to learn to play melodies using chords and he wants to have a knowledge of theory and chords. He records in his studio, he takes melodies and adds different tracks like accompaniment tracks and such.

So I need to review, I have to say that I have never taught inexactly this way it’s usually the formal training and then you incorporate other things. With Dennis it is different. He says his goal is not to become the best pianist in the world.

I am going to start with basic chords, using triads and then moving along from there. I am sure I can find different things on youtube and hdpiano is offering a course. If anyone has good advice as to how to proceed along with this I will be most appreciative.

Carol