[Menvi-discuss] a clubhouse group for MENVI

Richard Taesch taeschr1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 20:15:32 UTC 2021

Good points, Valerie!

Just for some clarification, I don't think that many on the list realize
that the MENVI network is about much, much more than just what goes on
here. The discussion list represents perhaps only about 25-30% of members
worldwide. As such, it has become the most traveled "watering hole" for
those of you with interests invested in music, education, and VI musical
needs as relates to them.

In a sense, consider that your list is already a kind of "club," as it is a
unique slice, or microcosm of the network as a whole. Perhaps we might be
re-inventing a wheel, however, your efforts to clarify such as a  "club,"
may be one of choice, and one that could become the answer to a social
media within a small, but unique and specialized group within the larger
membership. My point is, you already have a club as such. and formalizing
it as a kind of "forum" seems a natural gathering of defined interests.

RT

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 6:30 AM Valerie Sandler via Menvi-discuss <
menvi-discuss at menvi.org> wrote:

> Jared,
> I am getting far too many emails about the clubhouse and while I love
> reading the ones that pertain to MENVI, I am questioning what the objective
> is in starting one.  Is it a place where people just get together and chat
> about anything or is it group a that will achieve what is already being
> achieved on the MENVI website?  If it is a chat gorup, how will you filter
> our the chats from our personal emails?  Please advise what the goals are
> for this group.  I am all for a clubhouse where people can get together and
> just chat but I would like to know how that can be achieved without the
> group being global.  Thanks Jared.  Sincerely, Valerie Gaer Sandler MENVI
> advisor and  former director of development of Braille Music Division of
> Southern California Conservatory of Music
>
> > On Sep 1, 2021, at 3:58 PM, Jared Rimer - MENVI webmaster via
> Menvi-discuss <menvi-discuss at menvi.org> wrote:
> >
> > I can create the group, Abdel, I know how to do that but I appreciate
> your offer o doing it for us.
> >
> > Jared Rimer
> > Music Education Network for The Visually Impaired
> > www.menvi.org
> > bridging the gap between the blind and music education
> >
> > When reporting broken links, please kindly let us know what web page you
> came from so we may fix the error as quickly as possible. Thanks!
> >
> > On 9/1/2021 7:34 AM, Abdelghani Boudik via Menvi-discuss wrote:
> >> Hi everyone. Clubhouse is very accessible and it’s a good way to speak
> directly and to interact. If you want, I can create a club for you.
> >> Here is my whatsapp number if you want to know more about clubhouse and
> how it works
> >> +33610656784
> >>   Abdel
> >> Envoyé de mon iPhone

> two kinds of meetings, one for members and one for those who want to learn
> more. There could be a standing meeting for each. It is an easy platform to
> use and is very friendly with voiceover if you are using that particular
> screen reader.

> my store at  www.playhymns.com

> Club
> go

Richard Taesch
Recipient - Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award - 2017
*Author*  - "*For all too soon" - The Seasons of a Music Teacher - 2021*
*             - *"*An Introduction to Music for the Blind Student"* - Series