[Menvi-discuss] Brief Intro

Jeanne Gallagher jeanne50.gallagher at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 02:23:14 UTC 2020

Hello, everyone,
I just joined menvi and wished I have known about it before. Since my retirement from a government job, I have been studying classical guitar. I started ou on piano as a youngster and studied trumpet in high school and college. For my participation in various ensembles, I have brailled my own parts with the help of readers. Before COVId 19 hit, I was in a community guitar orchestra run by the Cleveland Classical Guitar Society. The conductors sent me MP3 files containing my parts, and I wrote the parts out, though I could have just as easily learned them by ear. Just to let me know: my present teacher just might join menvi himselfI gave him a copy of the catalog of guitar music that NLS kindly put together for me, and He appreciated it greatly. When I studied mwith my former teacher, he dictated everything to me, which I recorded on my Victor Reader Trek. The one piece I received in braille was transcribed outside the U.S. and there were no fingerings. It seems that much of the classical guitar music I’ve seen listed was done outside the U.S. Is most of that music without fingerings? What other differences could I also encounter?

Once again, I’m glad to be able to join.

Sincerely,
Jeanne Gallagher

Sent from Mail for Windows 10