[Menvi-discuss] Question about accessible digital keyboards

STEPHANIE PIECK themusicsuite at verizon.net
Mon Jan 13 20:01:46 UTC 2014

Listers:

I am part of the decision-making team for a new keyboard for a worship team that I play on. I am totally blind and one of the main pianists, so wondered if anyone on the list could give any feedback/suggestions regarding accessible keyboards. The team leader is wanting one that has 88 keys, excellent piano sounds, plus good choir/pad, strings, and organ. He also wants it to be "user-friendly" ... which to me as a blind user means that I should be able to change/program it without always having to ask somebody sighted to help with touchscreens, etc.!

Anyway, here is the list of keyboards he's considering. Any other thoughts, either about the ones on this list or alternatives, would be greatly appreciated. You can reply to me off-list so my query doesn't clog the airwaves for everybody else if you like.

Thanks!!

Stephanie Pieck

1. Yamaha CP33    $1,000

2. Yamaha CP300