[Menvi-discuss] staff notation

Musiclady naturelovingmom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:12:05 UTC 2012

Hi all...
I am new here, so by way of intruduction, my name is Steph, and I
live in Australia.  I'm just started out teaching piano, aural
training and hope te expand that to music theory and braille
music.
Now for my question.  How do I teach music notation to a sighted
student? For piano and the students I currently have, they are
beginners, so I'm just using a piano method where they have the
print and me the braille.  Is this the best way to do things? Is
there some resources out there to help with this?
Thanks,
Steph