[Menvi-discuss] I Need Your Help to Develop Online Music Braille Training

Shane Dittmar shane at shanedittmar.com
Mon Jun 24 15:12:44 EDT 2019

Hello,

My name is Shane Dittmar, and I am a blind composer, performer, and
music teacher. When I was learning music braille, there were very few
resources available to me, and, based on my research, that is still the
case. Especially with the recent discussions on this list of the end of
the Hadley course, I'm realizing there is a hole that needs to be filled
with accessible information on how to read music braille. I would like
to help to solve that problem by developing online instruction in music
braille for music students, music teachers, teachers of the visually
impaired, and anyone else who may want to learn.

If this is something you find interesting, I would appreciate you
filling out this pretty brief (approximately 5 minute) questionnaire. I
hope to use the information I gather to start developing a program later
this summer.

https://forms.gle/2UNe76upyvnpLHsn8

If you have experience or knowledge you'd be willing to contribute to
such a project, I'd love to hear from you! I'm sure I can't do this all
by myself, and would love to work with the other experts on this list to
make this a comprehensive resource.

If you have any questions or want to discuss this with me, please feel
free to email me off-list. My address is shane at shanedittmar.com.

Thanks!

--
<https://www.shanedittmar.com/>