[Menvi-discuss] Resources

Leslie Costello costello_clan at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 23 16:06:13 EDT 2019

 Yes!  What can we do to create such a thing?
    On Saturday, June 22, 2019, 09:41:51 AM EDT, Eileen Scrivani via Menvi-discuss <menvi-discuss at menvi.org> wrote:

 I wish that for braille music that has already been transcribed into music braille there was a place like bookshare for literary works where people could get material they were looking for without going through the long wait and expense of having material transcribed over and over again! I understand there are copyright laws, but just as in literary works, why once something has been made into a format that a blind person can access can’t we have an easier way of getting hold of them. Eileen From: Leslie Costello via Menvi-discuss Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2019 1:22 AMTo: This Is for Discussing Music and Braille Literacy Cc: Leslie Costello Subject: [Menvi-discuss] Resources Is there a list of resources, like a one-stop shop, for places to locate music that is already in existence?  I obviously know of the major players, but I feel like its always a major hunt and search each summer and feel like there's got to be a better way to do things. My school (per state law) requires at least 2 quotes for each one so its not an easy task! I am not visually-impaired myself, but am a teacher at a school for the blind so I am looking for method books (I prefer Standard of Excellence), band method full pieces, beginning band pieces, and instrument-specific supplementals. I also teach Music Theory --- I currently use Bettye's book, Richard's book, and Alfred's.  We also have a chorus teacher not versed in braille music so I help with the resources for piano lab (we use Alfred's Adult right now) and are just starting up our general music program so will be looking for elementary general music books. We also need recital and music lesson pieces for those taking private lessons after school. So you can see I need to efficiently look for materials to cover the entire K-12 music program for over 100 students. Thanks for any help y'all can provide!

---------

Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to unsubscribe, change your delivery, or set any other options available to you, please view the list information page below.  Should you have any questions, please contact the owner of the list.