[Menvi-discuss] Hadley No Longer Offering Braille Music Courses!

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Jun 22 13:39:57 EDT 2019

I sent a query to the person who was my instructor and she confirmed it. They are not/will not make the course materials available to anyone who might want to have an extra copy or to those who might want to buy a copy. This was an administrative decision. They are giving no explanation as to why they have discontinued the braille music courses.

While they are revamping some courses to be short workshops, there are no plans for the music courses nor any date/time frame of when or if the music ones will be revamped.

No other place teaches the music code the way they did. My instructor referred me to the “How to Read Braille Music” book, which I have and its what I started out with before I enrolled in their program. Its good, but only got me so far before I became frustrated with it and needed more in-depth explanations.

Eileen