[Menvi-discuss] Another Braille Music Code Question.

Stephanie Pieck themusicsuite at verizon.net
Wed Jun 12 18:06:31 EDT 2019

Hi Eileen,

Your mystery music signs are a dynamic sign for forte (dots 345, 124, 3( followed by an up bow (dots 126, 3). The dot 3 is used after the forte indication to clearly separate it from the up bow indication. There’s probably a rule about that somewhere in the Music Code, but one of the transcribers would have to chime in and tell us which rule it is.

Hope that helps,

Stephanie