[Menvi-discuss] Another Braille Music Code Question.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Jun 12 16:17:29 EDT 2019

Hi All,

Another question on the Martini Gavotte in Suzuki Violin School, Violin Part Vol. 3 which I downloaded
from NLS.

I am reading through it and at the beginning of measure 24, there are 4 cells worth of symbols that I can’t figure out what they stand for. While I don’t remember having learned them, its possible I did and am not recalling their meaning.

The first cell has dots 126 (what I think of mostly as the flat sign) then immediately following it the letters B & R then followed by dots 345 (what I think of as the word sign)Then a dot three & I think a dot 5 to indicate the measure is being continued on the next braille line.

The music that follows it is clear to me, but need some help with this little section. Any ideas on this?

Thanks as always for your help.

Eileen