[Menvi-discuss] Off-topic: : Ultra Low Vision Study - NEEDS YOU [cross-posted]

Bill McCann billlist1 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 6 10:49:18 EDT 2019

I am forwarding the attached flyer as a service to the community.  If you are interested, please communicate off-list with Mr. Black and his team.  Contact details contained in flyer attached.

Here is an excerpt from his note to me:

…

My name is Andrew Black. I am a blind intern at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins as well as the chairman for the Virginia Association of Blind Students (VABS) Membership. I am emailing you today to articulate our need for assistance.

Here at Wilmer, we are conducting a study for "Ultra Low Vision" individuals *those who have bare light or shadow perception). The individual, in the study, will put on a Virtual Reality (VR) headset. The simulation will place the individual in a white room with varying objects of differing contrasts and orientations in relation to the room. The individual's job is to identify the orientation or existence of these objects.
I.E. a black towel on the left whit wall vs a black towel on the right white wall,

The individual will receive $20 for every session they complete. We are conducting the study at Wilmer, or we can commute out the individuals home for convenience if that is desired.
…

Bill McCann

Dancing Dots

Tel: +1 610-783-6692