[Menvi-discuss] Question On Music Code...

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Jun 5 15:47:46 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I think I asked this a while back, but want to be sure. I’m working on the Martini Gavotte in Suzuki Violin School, Violin Part Vol. 3 which I downloaded from NLS. The transcription is from 1977.

In the ninth measure there is a B-flat which I know is the correct note. The flat sign dots 126 is written both before and after the B note. I know its an error in today’s music code where an accidental should come once before the note, but was it the way flats or other accidentals were expressed in Braille in the code from 1977?

Thanks.

Eileen