[Menvi-discuss] What do these mean?

kathleen at spellboundbraille.com kathleen at spellboundbraille.com
Mon Jun 3 10:11:54 EDT 2019

The Music Braille Code 2015 has an index of all the signs and their meanings.

You can download a PDF or BRF here:

http://www.brailleauthority.org/music/music.html

In-accords are frequently used for two- and three-part inventions.

Other times the parallels can be expanded to three and sometimes four lines, separating the individual voices instead of using in-accords.

Beaming is the process of using horizontal bars to connect 8th notes and smaller into groups, assisting the print reader in organizing the beats and the subdivisions. (And you’re not a dummy! Beaming is not used in braille music- the closest thing to it would be the grouping of 16th notes and smaller.)

Hope that helps!

Kathleen