[Menvi-discuss] Weak Knuckles

Carol Sexton sunshinepa at verizon.net
Thu Apr 18 09:52:18 EDT 2019

Hey you are absolutely right. Well I can tell you that inmy younger days I
sang in choir and I was a ametzo. I had solo parts. Now my voice has gotten
lower and I am what you may call a contralto. I guess that may be even lower
than alto. I have kind of lost my soprano and I find it hard to vocalize
just the way I used to vocalize. I think what they look for on the voice and
american idle are those people who will yell to the top of their lungs on
high notes. If you would do that you are definitely going to do harm to your
throat. In my college and in my high school days, I had excellent voice
teachers. So now my style has changed and country singers tend to have this
style but one shouldn’t' sing through their nose. I am not taking up any
training. I have found people who take you through vocaleese on youtube
believe it or not.

Well I sdo think that one has to be ready to perform and if you need to take
a break to get the technique right then by all means do that. I think you
have had wise teachers and coaches. Keep up your good work. You re an
inspiration as is everyone on this list. I am enjoying it immensely. These
discussions about different and varrious things is very interesting and I do
appreciate the input of everyone here.

Do any of you have anything on youtube? I should ask do any of you have a
youtube channel and if so please let me know because I would like to look
you up.

Later I want to come up or I mean to say discuss something else with regard
to advertising for piano students.