[Menvi-discuss] Weak Knuckles

cdrobles693 at gmail.com cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 23:27:24 EDT 2019

I have been recently following this piano techniques thread if you will and I do agree with you guys a garden practice time and effort in the basic techniques that help you be prolific however I’m also a trumpet player and have Bell’s palsy it’s a facial paralysis I’ve had it since I was 12 years old due to a chickenpox live vaccination shot otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to go to middle school and it left my embouchure in an off-centered position so I have had to overcompensate for it and adopt and adapt something that works for me. Different strokes for different folks, but what really presses my buttons is when a brasswind player picks me apart especially after the fact I preface with the fact I have Bell's Palsy which is not treatable would love it to be though and I would so much like to have that perfect true embouchure like my friend and mentor and maestro Cuban trumpeter Arturo Sandoval and especially would love to play those really off-staff notes like him someday if only someone could create a modified mouthpiece or a different mouthpiece for people in my situation.

Sent from my iPhone