[Menvi-discuss] My difficulties playing the piano

Carol Sexton sunshinepa at verizon.net
Wed Apr 17 19:34:41 EDT 2019

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Wilson via Menvi-discuss
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:10 PM
To: This is for discussing music and braille literacy
Cc: Jeffrey Wilson
Subject: Re: [Menvi-discuss] My difficulties playing the piano

His is my 2 cents...

My Piano instructor is a professional Piano instructor. She is very
conscious of making sure her students do not over-stretch their fingers or
hands. The hands should already be in a slightly curled position and
relaxed; as if someone is handing you coins. The beginner Piano lesson books
usually offer guidance on which fingers to use for a given note.

I've only been playing for a few years, so perhaps a more experienced player
would have better advice.

Jeffrey Wilson

"During these days, let us make space for attitudes and gestures that favor
peace." -Pope Francis