[Menvi-discuss] My difficulties playing the piano

Jeffrey Wilson jjw5791 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 14:10:34 EDT 2019

His is my 2 cents...

My Piano instructor is a professional Piano instructor. She is very conscious of making sure her students do not over-stretch their fingers or hands. The hands should already be in a slightly curled position and relaxed; as if someone is handing you coins. The beginner Piano lesson books usually offer guidance on which fingers to use for a given note.

I've only been playing for a few years, so perhaps a more experienced player would have better advice.

Jeffrey Wilson

"During these days, let us make space for attitudes and gestures that favor peace." -Pope Francis