[Menvi-discuss] My difficulties playing the piano

brandon Reed breedto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 22:00:34 EDT 2019

Hello all,

I am writing to ask for advice.

I am currently a music student getting my AA in vocal performance
eventually going to transfer to get my BA in music education with a
choir focus to direct a choir of my very own someday.

Now I know eventually I will have to learn piano at some point but I
have an issue.

I am double jointed so my fingers cannot stay straight when hitting the
keys because whenever I do my finger bends towards my palm making
playing somewhat difficult.

I am not quite sure what I should do my family wants me to get private
lessons but I am not quite sure if that will be the proper course of
action for me.

I just wanted to get  a second opinion.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Brandon