[Menvi-discuss] Some problems with music memorization

Carol Sexton sunshinepa at verizon.net
Mon Apr 15 21:25:01 EDT 2019

Wow that’s wonderful.

From: Stephanie Mitchell via Menvi-discuss
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 6:36 AM
To: menvi-discuss at menvi.org
Cc: Stephanie Mitchell
Subject: Re: [Menvi-discuss] Some problems with music memorization

This would be extremely frustrating. I tent to learn every thing at once: fingering, notes, dymanic markings. I devide the pice in to sections, then learn each one and then put them together. I learn a lot of music at the same time [For example, a russian pieceand a verdi requiem in 6 weeks] and although I can read and sing that the same time I've spent so many years learning piano I just learn it anyway. It comes quite easy for me though, so not sure what else I can suggest.

Steph