[Menvi-discuss] Embouchure

cdrobles693 at gmail.com cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 22:20:51 UTC 2018

Nice description, I might also add that as a trumpeter, the embouchure should be centered, however, I cannot personally do it due to my having Bell's Palsy since I was 12, I'm now 33, still play quite well though, now I teach it this way: think of a thin lipped smile, or an, "ooh'," position leaving a narrow hole in the center of your lips to let a steady stream of air out, and take your right hand and trail from your nose to where you should feel a little dimple in the upper lip, that is called the center, and place the mouthpiece right below it, then blow keeping the mouthpiece still. You want to have firm but relaxed corners. The wide smile position or an "ah,'" position is the opposite. If this does not help, let us know. I hope I can explain better. It really is a visual thing, but as long as you feel where the center of your mouth is, then practice putting the mouthpiece there several times until it comes naturally.

Sent from my iPhone