[Menvi-discuss] Question On Music Symbol.

Stephanie Pieck themusicsuite at verizon.net
Wed Dec 5 23:06:49 UTC 2018

Eileen,

Occasionally, literary parentheses pop up in music, whether or not it was actually allowed (I’m smiling as I type this!). It can be confusing and annoying, but I usually tell students to look for octave signs to find out where the literary stuff ends and the music resumes when there aren’t blank spaces to help the reader out.

Stephanie