[Menvi-discuss] blind musicians with perfect pitch

Chris Cooke ccooke228 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 13:21:40 EDT 2017

Speaking of key transpose and perfect pitch: I was in the right place at the right time. Some folks were practicing for a worship service. The keyboard player hit the key transpose, they practiced a song and then were done. The unsuspecting bass player walked up to the keyboard and started tuning his instrument. I cringed. I was sitting in the audience beforehand.  Things were pretty informal, so I walked up and explained that the E he was expecting was really not an E.  There was a bit of a language barrier, so I patiently explained that he could not tune his instrument yet. The pianist finally overheard what was happening and fixed the keyboard back. That would have been awful if he had not discovered that he was a half-step off!

Chris Cooke

Music of the heart
Worshiping God
Bringing musicians together