[Menvi-discuss] blind musicians with perfect pitch

Jared Rimer - MENVI webmaster menvi-webmaster at menvi.org
Sun Sep 17 12:23:16 EDT 2017

Elizabeth,

You are definitely not rambling.  Even today, I've still got perfect
pitch, and my father baught my sister's children recorders.  I have a
hard time telling what notes those are, as I haven't played recorder
since I learned it in elementary school, but I can tell perfect pitch on
a piano or string instrument.  I did remember that you can't blow too
hard on the mouthpiece of the recorder or it'll squeak.  I think I had
one of those notes, but i know too, that there are different tuned
recorders, and each one has different notes for the wholes you need to
hold down.  Thanks for posting, and feel free to participate at any time
you wish.

Jared Rimer
Music Education Network for the Visually Impaired
www.menvi.org
bridging the gap between the blind and music education

When reporting broken links, please kindly let us know what web page you
came from so we may fix the error as quickly as possible. Thanks!