[Menvi-discuss] Blind music major questions

Chris Smart csmart8 at cogeco.ca
Sun Sep 17 12:08:16 EDT 2017

>just to clarify something about the little rant I posted:

Notice that the student I was talking about was simply not holding up
their end of the bargain... wasn't doing the work, wasn't being a
responsible student. That isn't blindness-related at all. But, bad
habbits, combined with faulty ideas about what we can or can't
accomplish, combine to sometimes produce situations where people are
just pushed through the program, graduate anyway, despite them not
successfully completing much of anything. This is bad, for all
involved, and for many reasons.

Consider that the music world is small and that everybody knows
everybody.  If you want teaching work, or gigs etc. after college,
make sure people know that you're conscientious, do things on time, etc.

Ok, I'm done ranting. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. :)