[Menvi-discuss] any blind orchestra players out there?

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 14 09:07:28 EDT 2017

hi all. I have some news that I wanted to share with you. Yesterday, I found out that I got into the Elmhurst symphony. this is a community orchestra. I had an audition Tuesday night and I found out Wednesday morning. Although I have played in  orchestra in college before, this is the first time I am doing it on a professional level. this is also the first time that I am learning everything through Braille  music, as I have had somebody record the cello parts for me in the past. So I'm wondering if anybody might have some tips and tricks for me. for example, how are you able to coordinate everything so the music was transcribed and learned on time? have you used your note taker such as a  braille lite or pqcmate  to mark your music? did you use a cane, guide dog, or cited guide to get on and off stage at concerts? These are just a few of the questions I have and   I am sure  more will  come to mind. I look forward to a good discussion and thanks in advance.
Leslie

Sent from my iPhone