[Menvi-discuss] Online catalogue of Braille music.

Alexandru Cozaciuc alexandrucozaciuc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 11:02:42 EDT 2017

Dear Nafset,

Regarding RNIB, they have scores both for loan and for sale, and as far as I
know, it does not matter what citizenship you have or where you reside. I've
personally not borrowed any scores yet, so I don't know exactly how this
process takes place, but I bought some scores and I can say that it's really
easy. All you need to do is go to www.rniblibrary.com, select "Music only"
in the combo box above the search box, type in what you're searching for and
press Enter. You will then be presented with a list of results, of course.
You can navigate between them by pressing the letter H, as they are both
marked with a heading and a link which you can activate if you want to get
more information. When you find something which interests you, you can place
the order by telephone, calling the international exports department on +44
1733 37 5400. When placing the order, you must provide the order number,
which you can find next to the title. Also, bear in mind that you need a
bank card in order to pay for the score. Another thing to consider is that
if the score is not marked as being for sale, you may call the music
librarian Heather Nazmdeh on +44 1733 37 51 05, who will assist you further.
For more information, you may consult the guide to buying and loaning music
from RNIB at
http://www.rnib.org.uk/sites/default/files/Guide_to_buying_and_loaning_music_from_RNIB_0.doc
Also, you may consult the worldwide listing of organizations producing and
loaning Braille music at
http://www.ukaaf.org/worldwide-listing-organisations-producing-loaning-braille-music/

Regarding the Braille music online catalogue, you may visit the Braille
music transcription server (BrailleMUSE) at
http://gotoh-lab.jks.ynu.ac.jp/braille_music_score/en/ which has lots of
scores, as well as a music XML to Braille music translation server.

HTH,
Alex