[Menvi-discuss] NLS Circular 4. Braille Music Transcribers

Karen Gearreald karen118 at cox.net
Sun Sep 10 19:24:01 EDT 2017

Another list is at the "Music Transcribers" link of www.nationalbraille.org
(the web site of the National Braille Association).  Actually, though,
neither the National Braille list nor the NLS circular can be entirely
current, since new braillists frequently become certified in music.  If you
have difficulty in finding a music transcriber, feel free to write to me off
list (karen118 at cox.net).  Having taught the braille music transcription
course for the Library of Congress for the past fourteen years, I am well
acquainted with many music braillists.

Since the total number of certified music braillists is relatively small, it
may not be easy to find someone in a particular locality.  E-mail and the
telephone should enable you to work effectively with a braillist in any part
of the country.  It would be wonderful to find a music braillist in your own
community, but that would be a happy accident.  Remember, too, that some
music braillists are too busy for additional assignments and that many
braillists have unique preferences and specialties.  Keep looking until you
find the right braillist for your needs.
						Karen Gearreald