[Menvi-discuss] Accessing Opera Performance

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 16:15:27 EDT 2017

Hi Miso,

I second the suggestions of either checking with the theatre to see if
they could send you a word file of the English text, or if you can
find an English libretto.  You might even be able to find one online.
I would highly recommend putting it on a notetaker and taking that
with you to the show.  Usually during my music history courses I was
able to find English translations of libretti just by Googling, and
even if there were subtle differences in wording from what the class
had my professor and I didn't think they were that different because
the meaning was still the same.

Enjoy the show.  That is hands down one of my top 3 operas.

Kaiti Shelton