[Menvi-discuss] Full page refreshable Braille display!

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 00:27:34 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I know one thing; I don't ask for much, but when this thing comes on
the market I'm going to get one one way or another.  In addition to
having access to graphs and other visual information, I recognize this
might be a great revolution in how we access braille music.  No more
embossing bard files or BRF files from transcribers, and no more
lugging around volumes of textbooks for music theory!

My only issue seems to be that there doesn't seem to be onboard input
for the unit.  I wouldn't necessarily mind hooking the device up to my
notetaker or phone with bluetooth, or even having a smaller bluetooth
keyboard independent of these two other devices to be a dedicated
input, but it would be so much better if this device was able to have
onboard input.  I could totally see myself hooking it up to my IPhone
and typing on it in braille like I do with my notetaker now (think of
how easy it would be to see all your text messages in a conversation
quickly).  But you can't beat the price.

--
Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton-Music Therapy

"You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back!"