[Menvi-discuss] Great Music News

Bill billlist1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 13 16:02:57 EST 2016

Chela, thank you so much for participating.  I sure wish I could be there.
I would bring my horn and back you up.  Like Louis Armstrong used to say:
"You play the melody and I'll play the obligations."

I am definitely looking forward to our third Summer Music Academy session at
the Enchanted Hills Camp this August.  If you know any blind or low vision
musicians age 16 to 24 who are serious about making music, encourage them to
apply to attend.  Once again this year, we'll focus on teaching music
literacy skills like reading, writing, and recording music.  We will also
form a chorus and apply those reading skills to performing.  Last summer, we
added what we call the Jam Track for people who want to focus on performing
and recording their music.

We have decided to add three more days to the week-long session this year so
we will have 10 days.  We'll spend the last few days in San Francisco
connecting with professionals and getting out to hear live music.

Check out the following page for more info and how to apply.
http://lighthouse-sf.org/blog/tag/music-academy/

Bill McCann
Summer Music Academy Director