[Menvi-discuss] borrowing from hnib

Ido Efraty idoefraty at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 08:16:41 EST 2016

On 12/21/16, Eden <eden420 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi there,
> If I want jo browse and borrow things from Rnib music wise, what site do I
> go to and also can I borrow as someone from the U.S. or would I need 'to
> purchase? If ow can borrow or purchase, can someone guide me to how? I
> looked at their site but I can't figure if a U.S. person can borrow but I
> heard they could.
> Edenb

Dear Eden,
Yes, you can definitely find a variety of music Braille, as well as
other literary stuff, to borrow or purchase for the RNIB. There might
be some limitations for non-residents of the UK, like specific types
of materials which are not to be sent overseas, but still they offer a
wide collection for all blind individuals around the globe.
I am living in Israel, and I have made a mini music Braille library
over the years out of music Braille purchases from them. Actually, you
need to sign up on their website, and when you get your new account
you are able to browse and search your favorite title on their
catalog. Some of the titles are for loan, others are for sale, and the
rest are available for both.
I hope it helps
Best
Ido