[Menvi-discuss] Need Clarification on "Music Sign"

Dani L Pagador axs.brl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 18:12:43 UTC 2014

Hi, Dale.
I'm needing to place the chord symbols under the left-hand line of music for
Brailling. I'm having to align the chords under the notes. The first note in
the left-hand part I'm looking at has a staccato before the octave mark and
the note; I'm asking whether the first character of the chord symbol goes
under the staccato sign or the octave mark. The transcriber's manual says
align it with the music sign, but I'm not clear about which one is the music
sign, since they're both part of the music notation code. It could also be
that I'm long overdue for sleep, and that clarification will come to my
brain after a few hours of zzzs.

Thanks,
Dani