[Menvi-discuss] Options for working with LD VI Student

Dani L Pagador axs.brl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 02:52:01 UTC 2014

Hi, Everyone.

How different is the Hadley music course for sighted students than the one
for blind students?

A friend who is a TVI has an LD VI  student who tried taking the Hadley
admissions test so he could take the braille music course. He didn't pass
the test because his reading comprehension and Math skills don't meet the
required level; he can't go on to take Hadley's music course.

My friend is asking whether it would be possible for his teaching assistant
to take the course, then adapt it so the student would be able to learn
braille music at a slower pace.

Would another option be for the assistant to use Intro to Braille Music for
the Blind Student?

She is asking about whether the Primer is a good resource. I use it as a
reference all the time, and know that How to Read Braille Music Notation is
available as a download in electronic braille format. But is this also
available in print? If so, I'm thinking this could be another resource, but
would like member input.

Thanks for any suggestions.

More Later,

Dani