[Menvi-discuss] Dalcroze Eurhythmics

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:39:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for posting the article.  I looked it up a few days ago but
from the written description I still don't know what the movements are
really like.  It didn't do a good job of comparing them to other
movement arts like dance... is it like ballet and fluid, or are the
moves more rigid and precise?  Your personal descriptions and
comparrison to tai chi makes a little more sense to me than the
article did.

I guess the main problem is that I don't know if I necessarily want to
be dependent on classmates to get the information.  I'm seeing this
kind of thing happen in other classes in the music department too, and
I'm a little concerned.  I get that I am an educational experience for
others in the classes I'm taking, but I don't know that I want to be
in this particular way where I'm dependent on them in order to
succeed.  There was a big issue with my percussion ped class because
the percussion instructor and I wanted to do individual lessons
instead so that I could have individual attention and learn everything
from him at my own pace, but others were not thrilled with it because
it will take me out of the group and not give other students
experience they could use in the future.  While I am all for educating
others about blindness, I do not necessarily want to do so in this
part of my life with my peers, as I am more concerned with my own
education and getting the information I need than being an educational
opportunity for them in this way.

--
Kaiti