[Menvi-discuss] Regarding Intonation studies

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 28 12:42:59 UTC 2013

If you have an iPhone, there are two apps I would recommend. One of them is metronome plus that has a metronome and a tuner built right in. The other one is an app for the iPhone that is specifically a tuner. When I have worked on intonation in the past, I put a note on as a drone. Then I'll play a scale or Makepeace or whatever I'm working on. And a listen real closely to make sure that the notes either match what's on the tuner or that the intervals are correct. I listen to make sure that I'm actually hearing things like minor thirds, major thirds, perfect 4ths and fifth, major and minor six, etc. another option would be to go to your local music store and buy a tuner. Or you can order one online. The website I recommend is
www.sharmusic.com
Hope this helps.
Leslie

Sent from my iPhone