[Menvi-discuss] Using Braille Music to compose

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 17:58:35 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have been taking music lessons with Sandra and she brought up a very
fascinating point.
When I compose on the computer my thought process is completely
different than it is when using Braille. I composed my first piece using
Braille last night and found I was hearing the notes and intervals in
association with the notes. This is what is needed when one reads music.
I would like to know if people have tried composing using Braille rather
than a notation program? I would also like to know how you communicated
the music to other sighted people?
Thank you,

--
Brandon Keith Biggs