[Menvi-discuss] teaching piano

Teresa Haifley dthaifley at iowatelecom.net
Tue Oct 8 15:19:49 UTC 2013

Method books contain all you need and present the material in a logical
order.  You have to gauge how much to cover in a lesson by the student and
whether it is a 30 minute lesson or a 45 minute lesson.  You can tell what
the child is grasping and when they've absorbed all they can for one lesson.
You have to tailor to each student according to age and ability.  You will
also find that they may or may not have practiced in a given week due to
lifestyle and motivation and school activities, in which case all or part of
the previous week's material may need to be retaught.

Teresa