[Menvi-discuss] Teaching violin--tips

SClark6144 at aol.com SClark6144 at aol.com
Thu Oct 3 15:47:27 UTC 2013

I'm not blind, but my violin student used the Bow-Right the  first couple
of years he played.  It is like heavy wire that is  on each side of the
bowing area so the bow won't go too far either  way.
Here is the link.  They come in different sizes for  different sized
violins.
http://www.sharmusic.com/shop.axd/Search?keywords=ACCTEACHAIDKEY&sectionID=5
&catID=43

He has perfect pitch, which really helped him. For a  student who plays in
orchestra, it's helpful to be in the first section because  you have the
melody.
I told him, whatever you do, be sure you know your bowings  because if
you're on upbow when everyone is on downbow, you will look wrong,  even if
you're playing the right thing.

I don't have the books because I don't work in the school  anymore, and I
don't remember what they were.  You might contact your  school system to see
what they use for beginning violin in  orchestra.

Sylvia

In a message dated 10/3/2013 11:25:26 A.M. US Eastern Daylight Time,