[Menvi-discuss] Braille Music Question

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Mon May 13 23:10:17 EDT 2013

Hello,
That F is preceded by an Ab3, so if the sign is saying jump down to the F2,
that is a one and a half octave jump, rather ambitious...
The next note is a half note, but it is on the next line, lined up with the
next word. So is it saying I either sing the last word on the line above, or
the first word on the line below? Or somehow sing the last word using either
one of the two pitches on either side of the part measure marking?
If that is the case, there is not enough notes. there are 10 syllables and
10 notes (with the slur) notes.
There is also a half note starting the next line, so I'm really lost.
The line in German is:
und tragen und tragen edlen, edlen,
and the notes are:
quarter rest, crescendo marking, 3rd octave sign, Ab, Db, (space), quarter
rest, Db, F, two octave mark, B, (space), third octave mark, B dotted half,
Ab, (space), F, slur, Gb, funny mark, third octave sign, F, G, funny sign.

Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs