[Menvi-discuss] [musictlk] NFB Training center????

Sarah J. Blake LaRose sjblake at sarahjblake.com
Mon May 13 11:50:30 EDT 2013

Bill makes some excellent points. Additionally, I will say this.

Music is a huge part of our lives. But it is a part of our lives, especially
after college. It makes me extremely sad to know of a number of musicians
who are unable to attend to their own personal hygiene and self-care skills.
There is, frankly, no excuse for this. In all respects, it is important to
present ourselves well and be able and willing to conduct ourselves as
responsibly in our personal lives as we do in musicianship. Take time to
"practice" in your personal care skills as you do in musicianship. Learn to
take care of your apartment, to host guests, etc. Musicians, historically,
have been the ones to host great parties, to please the rest of society. You
will never regret learning to do these things.

Sarah J. Blake LaRose, M.Div.
Personal email: sjblake at sarahjblake.com
http://www.sarahjblake.com