[Menvi-discuss] Congrats to Julie for winning the NFB Scholarship!

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:21:08 EDT 2013

Thanks Julie, and double congrats on getting the scholarship, as well
as becoming a Tenbroke Fellow!

You're right; congrats to Miso Kwak who also won a scholarship!  The
three of us music geeks will have to connect at some point during the
convention for sure!  :)

I'm really excited to see what the convention holds in store.  It will
be a week of first for me, as I've never even been on a plane before
so just getting from Ohio to Orlando will be a new experience, but I'm
looking forward to all of it.

On 5/8/13, Julie McGinnity <kaybaycar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Brandon,
>
> Thank you so much!  How thoughtful you are!
>
> Yes, it is a difficult process.  Practicing...  There is hardly time
> to think straight that week!  Lol  But it's a great process and
> definitely one of the most wonderful honors I have been granted.
>
> I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate Kaiti Shelton,
> who is also on this list.  She won her first scholarship this year.  I
> believe that there is one other music person in the scholarship class.
>  We will definitely show them how awesome we musicians are!  :)
>

> On 5/8/13, Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just wanted to give a shout-out of congratulations to Julie McGinnity
>> for
>>
>> winning an NFB scholarship!
>> I think this is her second time which is truly amazing and I wish her all
>> the luck on going through the hardest week in the world! It is extremely
>> difficult as a musician in my opinion, as there is very little time
>> during
>> the week for a scholarship winner to get 10 minutes free to practice and
>> everyone is always wanting to hear you perform.
>> Congrats Julie and reach for that $12000 baby!
>>
>> Brandon Keith Biggs
>>

>> Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to unsubscribe,
>> change
>> your delivery, or set any other options available to you, please view the
>> list information page below.  Should you have any questions, please
>> contact
>> the owner of the list.
>>

> --
> Julie McG
> National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National
> Federation of the Blind performing arts division secretary,
> Missouri Association of Guide dog Users President,
> and Guiding Eyes for the Blind graduate 2008
> "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that
> everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal
> life."
> John 3:16

Kaiti