[Menvi-discuss] Music history textbooks

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Wed May 8 11:06:39 EDT 2013

Bookshare generally does a good job with texts on music.
Sometimes the musical examples themselves are described,
sometimes not.  I read musicology texts sometimes, and I can
usually get the information I need without them anyway.  (The
Rest Is Noise, the text we used for twentieth century music,, for
example, had no examples; we got those from The Norton Anthology
of Western Music.  Couldn't get those scores into braille; it was
way too expensive for the vendor my disability services use to
transcribe.)

Kelby