[Menvi-discuss] Music history textbooks

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Tue May 7 20:33:20 EDT 2013

You can get "A History of Western Music", on Bookshare, which is
the original (non-abridged) version of A Concise History of
Western Music.  (If you're professor is finewith it, of
course-mine was.) The anthologies aren't available, as far as I
know.

Also, am I a terrible person for not using scores a lot of the
time during listening assignments? (I'm a vocalist, read braille
music only enough to do choir, and find that looking at scores is
usually more confusing than helpful.)

Kelby