[Menvi-discuss] Braille music question when there are two lines of words

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Tue May 7 00:26:02 EDT 2013

Hm, then that transcriber did it differently, because the Italian doesn't
match the second half as shown below...
But in this other score, that is what was throwing me off, because I was
reading the English translation notes rather than the German notes. But I'm
running into another problem:
I have one spot where both the English and German are 8 syllables and there
is an in accord sign with a whole note on one side and 2 half rests on the
other side with a diminuendo in-between the two half rests. How am I
supposed to tell that is not what I'm supposed to do with the German text,
but is really a whole note that diminuendos half way through? That through
me through a loop, making me think I was not pronouncing my German
correctly.
This particular text has completely different notes for the English and
German, so it wasn't unexpected that the English would have a whole note
while the German had a rest.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs