[Menvi-discuss] Ergent, can someone explain the harmonic series in words in the next fewhours.

Chris Smart csmart8 at cogeco.ca
Wed May 1 12:41:47 EDT 2013


exactly Dale. two minutes with an organ, including a Hammond with 
draw bars, and this gets a lot more clear if you aren't able to 
grasp the math.



At 11:17 AM 5/1/2013, you wrote:
>Think of it like organ stops. 8 ft. is the actual note. 4 ft. is 
>an octave
>above. 2-2/3 ft. is a fifth higher than that. 2 ft. is two octaves 
>above the
>original note. 1-3/4 is a major third higher than that.
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Menvi-discuss [mailto:menvi-discuss-bounces at menvi.org] On 
>Behalf Of
>Krystel Keller
>Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 11:10 AM
>To: 'This is for discussing music and braille literacy'
>Subject: Re: [Menvi-discuss] Ergent, can someone explain the 
>harmonic series
>in words in the next fewhours.
>
>Hi Betty.
>Thanks for this. I did find the wiki page but the explaination is 
>a little
>confusing. I need to remember the patern of the jparcials, but 
>can't find it
>written anywhere, and don't understand the math by just listening 
>to jaws
>try to read it. I'd be much clearer with a braille display, but 
>haven't got
>it hooked up to the internet yet. If there is a clearer way f 
>remembering
>all this that someone can share that would be great.
>Thanks again.
>Krystel.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Menvi-discuss [mailto:menvi-discuss-bounces at menvi.org] On 
>Behalf Of
>Bettie Downing
>Sent: Thursday, 2 May 2013 12:58 AM
>To: This is for discussing music and braille literacy
>Subject: Re: [Menvi-discuss] Ergent,can someone explain the 
>harmonic series
>in words in the next fewhours.
>
>Is this any help?
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_series_(music)
>
>
>
>On May 1, 2013, at 9:14 AM, Krystel Keller wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone.
> > I am having trouble finding somewhere on line that explains the 
> harmonic
>series with out diagrams and images and am having no luck.
> > I need to recap for a test at uni tomorrow morning, and the 
> explaination
>in my text book, as well as those offered in class all include lovely
>pictures!
> > In particular I need to know the order of the parcials.
> > Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it!
> > Krystel.
> > Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to 
> unsubscribe,
>change your delivery, or set any other options available to you, 
>please view
>the list information page below.  Should you have any questions, 
>please
>contact the owner of the list.
> > _______________________________________________
> > Menvi-discuss mailing list
> > Menvi-discuss at menvi.org
> > http://menvi.org/mailman/listinfo/menvi-discuss_menvi.org
>
>
>Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to 
>unsubscribe, change
>your delivery, or set any other options available to you, please 
>view the
>list information page below.  Should you have any questions, 
>please contact
>the owner of the list.
>_______________________________________________
>Menvi-discuss mailing list
>Menvi-discuss at menvi.org
>http://menvi.org/mailman/listinfo/menvi-discuss_menvi.org
>
>
>Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to 
>unsubscribe, change
>your delivery, or set any other options available to you, please 
>view the
>list information page below.  Should you have any questions, 
>please contact
>the owner of the list.
>_______________________________________________
>Menvi-discuss mailing list
>Menvi-discuss at menvi.org
>http://menvi.org/mailman/listinfo/menvi-discuss_menvi.org
>
>
>Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to 
>unsubscribe, change your delivery, or set any other options 
>available to you, please view the list information page 
>below.  Should you have any questions, please contact the owner of 
>the list.
>_______________________________________________
>Menvi-discuss mailing list
>Menvi-discuss at menvi.org
>http://menvi.org/mailman/listinfo/menvi-discuss_menvi.org

--------------------------------------------------
CTS MASTERING, affordable and professional mixing and mastering: 
http://www.ctsmastering.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/CTSMASTERING
BLOG: www.ctsmastering.com/blog
Linked In: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/chris-smart/46/824/536
Dropbox, Share Files Easily: http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt





More information about the Menvi-discuss mailing list