[Menvi-discuss] print sheet music sites

Betsy Heiserman betsyheiserman at aol.com
Sun Dec 30 09:15:40 EST 2012

Kelsey,

I seems that musicnotes only lets you print music, not actually download a file. You download their free software that lets you view the sheet music visually, another program that lets you listen to it, and then you can print the music from their free software. Their is no file download of the music itself in any form. And, just FYI, I have a Mac that lets me print to a PDF, but that doesn't work with musicnotes.

I think you will find that most places that have extensive (and newer) sheet music available are not making pdfs available because of copyright restrictions.

Of course, if you have the capability to scan, you could print the sheet music from musicnotes, and then scan it to a pdf. They have a free sheet music of the month (far right tab on the menu at the top of the page) that you could try this with if you have access to a scanner.

Betsy