[Menvi-discuss] how to search the nls catalog

Dale Lieser dale.lieser at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 19:45:18 EST 2012

Good call, Mrs. Downing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Menvi-discuss [mailto:menvi-discuss-bounces at menvi.org] On Behalf Of
Bettie Downing
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 7:45 PM
To: This is for discussing music and braille literacy
Subject: Re: [Menvi-discuss] how to search the nls catalog

Searching everything by Brahms is not productive since there are over 300
entries.  You have to try "multiple search" and put Brahms as the first
(author) and Requiem as the second (title) and music braille as the third
and then you come up with this:

http://www.loc.gov/cgi-bin/zgate.nls?ACTION=INIT&FORM_HOST_PORT=%5Cprod%5Cww
w%5Cdata%5Cnls%5Ccatalog%5Cindex.html,z3950.loc.gov,7490

On Dec 28, 2012, at 6:37 PM, Dale Lieser wrote:

> Sometimes in the email to which I am replying you wrote "Brahams". So make
> sure your typing correctly into the search fields .
>
> Also, simply type Brahms as the author, and look through all the entries
the
> search brings up. So in this case you would not search for a title.

contact the owner of the list.