[Menvi-discuss] Color references and other sight-related material

STEPHANIE PIECK themusicsuite at verizon.net
Thu Apr 19 08:57:53 EDT 2012

Hi,

I looked at these Braille editions when they were first produced--I was hoping to use them with students. But I thought they were overly complicated and went with another method instead. Since only Book 1 was available, I also wanted something that had more Braille at higher levels. I'd be very interested to see how a different transcription tackled similar problems in the book itself.

I like a lot of the Alfred Basic materials, especially since American Printing House has all the way through Book 6. Usually, once students get through Book 3, I've got them mostly working out of repertoire books anyway. But some prefer the Alfred beyond that, and for them, I like having the resources.

Stephanie Pieck